The proliferation of non-lethal, monitored, electric security fences in our towns and cities is indicative of the confidence the public has in this form of perimeter security. There is no doubt that electric fencing is the most effective perimeter security feature any property can have. The reason for this popularity is simple – monitored electric security fences are effective, economical to install and maintain.
Electric security fences offer more D’s of security than any other perimeter system available:
- Demarcation – the fence around your property means you mean business.
- Deflection – intruders are deflected to softer targets, the property next door that doesn’t have an electric fence.
- Deterrence – the powerful and painful shock is a strong deterrent to would be intruders.
- Delay – the physical barrier will delay an intruder.
- Detection – any tampering with the fence is detected, setting off an alarm alerting you to the potential intrusion.
- Deny – an electric fence that has been properly erected will deny entry.
- Dependable – your electric fence works 60 seconds a minute, 60 minutes an hour, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. An ever alert, ever present, reliable watchman.